The global Skift Travel Health Index is 93 points (+4 pp MoM). Discover the latest insights from the Skift team in the Skift Travel Health Index: February 2023 Highlights.
As one of Skift’s data partners, we provide flight data (powered by OAG Metis) to enable the reporting of travel performance along with other key data points - together this creates the Skift Travel Health Index, a vital source to track the travel industry’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This month recovery is well on track:
- All sectors besides aviation achieved full recovery.
- Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa (MEA) surpassed their pre-pandemic performance
- North America is on its path to achieving 100% recovery.
- Travel performance in Europe was the weakest performing, having been affected by the earthquake crisis in Turkey.
- The full report focuses on the Asia Pacific region this month, where the Lunar New Year had a positive effect.
"Diving into the different sectors that reflect the health of the travel industry, we see that the aviation sector grew to the highest it has been in the last year. It has been the weakest performing sector, being hard hit by the pandemic, and has been struggling with closing borders and capacity shortages ever since. The re-opening of China boosted the recovery of the sector, driven by the Asia Pacific region. - Saniya Zanpure