Find below flight data and analysis focused on the US aviation market, with data powered by OAG's Schedules Analyser. The data is updated monthly. Seats are calculated as departing seats (one-way).
Top 10 Airlines in the US by departing seats (one way) in November 2023.
- This month, Southwest Airlines remains the largest carrier in the US by seat volume, with 338,000 more seats than American who move into second place.
- None of the Top 10 largest airlines in the US are increasing capacity this month, partly because of the season change and also because of the reduction in days per month.
- The steepest reduction comes from United who have 10% fewer seats this month.
Top 10 Busiest Airline Routes in the US by departing seats in November 2023.
- Atlanta - Orlando is the busiest US Domestic route again this month, with carriers increasing seats by 5%.
- The composition of the Top 10 has changed slightly with LAX-ORD dropping out this month (down to 19th) and EWR-MCO coming in at 10th largest from 31st place last month.
- Capacity reduced on 6 of the Top 10 routes, with increases on ATL-MCO as noted above, LAS-LAX, JFK-LAX and EWR-MCO.
Top 10 Airports in the US by departing seats (one-way) in November 2023.
- There are 661 airports with scheduled services operating this month. The Top 10 airports account for 35.7% of capacity.
- Atlanta remains the biggest airport in capacity terms, by a considerable margin.
- Seattle drops out of the Top 10 this month and is replaced with Miami but the rest of the airports in this table remain the same.
Top 10 Airlines by seats added month-on-month.
- There is very little growth this month however the increases in capacity that are happening are coming primarily from overseas carriers with very small overall market share, collectively just 2% of the market.
- Only four states record capacity growth this month, which is typical of this month which sees the shift from the IATA Summer to Winter season.
- Florida has the only increase of any significance with carriers adding 6% more seats this month.
- The other larger states of Texas, New York and California, all have capacity reductions this month, ranging from 5-7%.
Below shows total US seats for both domestic and international by month and by year. Hover over the image for detailed information.
27 November 2023Aviation Market Analysis
As the dust settles on the latest seasonal holiday and attention switches to the next one in four weeks’ time, we’...