Find below flight data and analysis focused on the US aviation market, with data powered by OAG's Schedules Analyser. The data is updated monthly. Seats are calculated as departing seats (one-way).
Top 10 Airlines in the US by departing seats (one way) in September 2023.
Top 10 Busiest Airline Routes in the US by departing seats in September 2023.
- Honolulu-Kahului remains the busiest US route this month, despite a decline of 6% in capacity.
- In line with seasonal changes, capacity declined on all of the top 10 busiest US routes, declining most on the Atlanta-Fort Lauderdale route by 18%. This was driven by Delta reducing capacity by over 10k seats.
Top 10 Airports in the US by departing seats (one-way) in September 2023.
- There are 668 airports in the US operating scheduled air services this month.
- Capacity from the Top 10 airports continues to contribute 36% of total US capacity.
- The largest airport remains Atlanta (ATL) which handles 5% of all capacity at US airports.
- Las Vegas was the only airport not to see capacity fall, increasing by only 1%.
Top 10 Airlines by seats added month-on-month.
- American Airlines reduced capacity most in volume terms, taking out almost 1.9m seats.
- Both Southwest Airlines and Delta Air Lines reduced capacity by 1.3m seats.
- In contrast, Frontier Airlines increased its capacity by 6%, 192k seats.
- Overall capacity has decreased by 7m seats, with the greatest reductions in Florida by over 1m seats. This accounted for 126k fewer seats daily (when the difference in number of days was factored in).
- The States of Texas and California both saw reductions in capacity of over 865k seats.
- Nevada was the only state to see capacity grow, increasing by 8k seats.
Below shows total US seats for both domestic and international by month and by year. Hover over the image for detailed information.
21 September 2023Aviation Market Analysis
Friday 11th August 2023 was the busiest day for global aviation over the past year (September 2022-August 2023), w...
12 September 2023Aviation Market Analysis
Low-cost carriers (LCCs) are responsible for a third of the world’s scheduled airline capacity today, and it looks...
05 September 2023COVID-19 Recovery
Before the pandemic disrupted the global tourism market, France was the most popular destination for global touris...