View and interrogate OAG’s ever popular Busiest Airline Routes whenever you need as they evolve and change over time. Including the Top 10 Busiest Global Airline Routes, Top 10 Domestic Airline Routes and International Airline Routes by region. Data powered by Schedules Analyzer.
In May 2022 the Busiest Domestic Airline Route in the World is Jeju International-Seoul Gimpo (CJU-GMP) with 1,261,409 seats and the Busiest International Airline Route in the World is Cairo-Jeddah (CAI-JED) with 353,926 seats. Find extensive flight data and analysis for domestic and international airline routes below.
Busiest Domestic Airline Routes - June 2O22
Global Top 10 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes
- This month, the Top 4 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes are the same as last month.
- Jeju to Seoul continues to be the Busiest Domestic Airline Route and has been in number one position since the start of the year.
- In second position is Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City with 947,005 seats.
- Sapporo New Chitose to Tokyo Haneda continues to keep third position and Fukuoka to Tokyo Haneda is in fourth.
- Compared to last month all four routes have dropped capacity as follows:
- Jeju to Seou -1%
- Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City -12%
- Sapporo New Chitose to Tokyo Haneda -11%
- Fukuoka to Tokyo Haneda -11%
- Beijing to Shanghai has moved up into fifth place from tenth last month with a 32% increase in seats.
- Mumbai to Delhi has moved up two places into sixth place with a 5% increase in seats.
- Melbourne to Sydney has gone down two places from last month and is in seventh place with a 22% drop in seats.
- Jakarta to Denpasar has dropped out of the Top 10 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes and Guangzhou to Shanghai has joined in ninth place.
China's Top 10 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes
- In China’s domestic airline market this month, the Top 4 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes are unchanged from last month with Beijing to Shanghai being the busiest route, Guangzhou to Shanghai second, Shanghai to Shenzhen third and Beijing to Shenzhen fourth.
- Both Beijing to Shanghai and Shanghai to Shenzhen have increased capacity compared to last month by 3% and 4% respectively.
- Guangzhou to Shanghai has slightly decreased in capacity from last month by 6% and Beijing to Shenzhen has decreased by 18%.
- Hangzhou to Shenzhen is in fifth position moving up two places from last month with a 5% increase in seats.
- Guangzhou to Beijing Daxing has dropped two places to seventh with a decrease in seats of 7%.
- Chongqing to Shenzhen is in eighth place, Guangzhou to Beijing in ninth moving up one place from last month and Chengdu to Beijing is in tenth dropping one place from last month.
USA's Top 10 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes
- In the US Domestic market for June, New York JFK to Los Angeles remains the busiest airline route with 279,242 seats.
- New York La Guardia to Chicago O’Hare has moved up two places to be the second busiest route with an increase in seats of 3%.
- Honolulu to Kahului is in third place - moving up three places from last month - with an increase in seats of 9%.
- Atlanta to Orlando has dropped two places from being the second busiest route last month to fourth this month.
- Las Vegas to Los Angeles has also dropped two places from last month and is now in fifth place with a similar capacity in June to May.
- There are two new routes in the Top 10 Busiest US Domestic Airline Routes; Anchorage to Seattle and Dallas Fort Worth to Los Angeles have moved into the Top 10 in seventh place and tenth place respectively.
- Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale (fifth place in May) and Denver to Phoenix (ninth place in May) do not feature in the Top 10 Busiest Domestic Airline Routes for June.
Busiest International Airline Routes - June 2022
- In the Global Top 10 International Busiest Airline Routes for June, New York JFK to London Heathrow has moved up to be the busiest route this month.
- Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is in second place moving up one place from last month increasing capacity by 3%.
- Last month Cairo to Jeddah was the busiest airline route however it has dropped 2 places to being third this month with a drop in seats of 29%.
- Antalya to Moscow Vnukovo has moved into the Top 10 Global Busiest Airline Routes in fourth place with an increase in capacity of 111%.
- Dubai to Riyadh is in fifth place this month dropping one place from last month and Mumbai to Dubai is in sixth place.
- Dubai to London Heathrow has dropped 2 places and is in seventh position this month with a decrease in seats of 6%.
- Dubai to Jeddah and Orlando to San Juan have dropped out of the Top 10 and Antalya to Moscow Vnukovo and Dusseldorf to Palma have joined in fourth and eighth place.
Global Top 10 Busiest International Airline Routes
Top 10 Busiest International Airline Routes by Region
The busiest air routes in the world are defined as those with the largest volume of scheduled airline seats in the current calendar month. Data is for flights in both directions on each route and is sourced from OAG Schedules Analyzer in the first week of each month. The flight data reflects the most recent full calendar month for the busiest scheduled domestic and international flight routes in each category.
Related OAG Content:
Busiest Airports - view the World's Busiest Airports ✈️
US Aviation Market Insights and Analysis - data focused on the US, including Top 10 Airports, Top 10 Airlines, states adding most capacity + more 🌎
Most Connected Airports - tracking the recovery of the world's most connected airports 🛄