In 2022, we processed 1,156,122,591 flight status updates - that’s around 40 per second. With so many flight status changes happening around the world, answering questions about how best to stay ahead of them, and react proactively when they do occur, is crucial.
Directly fed into our Flight Info Alerts platform, which already provides a continuous stream of flight schedule changes, Flight Status Data can now be accessed, delivering the broadest possible coverage. Customers can now utilize Status and Schedules Data in the most flexible way to expand their view of key elements of a flight.
This powerful combination delivers schedule and status change updates in one platform and unlocks the real lifecycle of a flight, from the moment the schedule is published to when luggage hits the baggage belt.
Providing a seamless, single source of truth to deliver more key stages of a flight's journey, Status Alerts will improve experiences for your customers and deliver flexibility and choice. In addition, reliance on third parties to update changes is eliminated, costs are minimized thanks to agile planning, and proactive decision-making is easier than ever.
How It Works
First, you’ll set up your alert criteria using parameters determined by you. Then, when a flight that matches your criteria is loaded to the schedule, you’ll receive all changes to that flight in your Azure Event Hub immediately, ready to integrate. Status tracking starts 52 hours prior to departure and sends you all updates based on the factors you’ve identified. Should the flight be delayed, the gate changed, or the journey canceled altogether, you’ll know about it instantly.
Combine With Schedules Alerts for an End-To-End View of the Life of the Flight
If you’re interested in changes that arise before the 52h mark, Flight Info Alerts as a whole combines Schedules with Status Data to provide alerts when time or equipment changes occur too.
Let’s Take a Look at Flight Status Alerts’ Data Highlights
Estimated and actual departure or arrival date/time, State: OutGate/InAir/Landed/InGate, gate information, baggage, scheduled vs actual terminal, delays, cancellations, diversions to other ports & tail number.
Tracking begins 52h ahead of a flight’s departure and continues until its arrival.
What This Means for Our Customers
Enhanced Operational Efficiencies
- Reduce manual checking and processing; there’s no need for an API call to check for changes.
- Define the parameters of your alerts, such as flight number and arrival airport, and we’ll deliver every update in near-real time.
- Receive the most up-to-date information and respond proactively to changes as they happen.
- Consume millions of alerts per second and build dynamic data pipelines, all delivered through Azure Event Hubs.
- Be proactive and deliver unique customer service experiences, supported by our updates as the changes happen.
- Increase customer confidence by communicating change ahead of time. Thanks to 52-hour pre-departure tracking, both status and schedule updates arrive for you and your customers promptly.
Learn more about what Status Alerts can offer you and your business and discover more of its benefits.