View and interrogate OAG’s ever-popular Busiest Airline Routes whenever you need as they evolve and change over time, regularly providing updates on the busiest flight routes in the world. These include the Top 10 Busiest Global Airline Routes, Top 10 Domestic Airline Routes and International Airline Routes by region. Our flight routes data is powered by Schedules Analyser.
Find extensive flight data and analysis for domestic and international airline routes below and discover the busiest air routes in the area of your choice.
- Jeju (CJU) to Seoul (GMP) remains the busiest domestic route in the world with 1.04 million seats in September 2023.
- Hokkaido’s Chitose Airport (CTS) to Tokyo Haneda (HND) is not far behind however, with 1.02 million seats. The gap is now only 22,936 seats between the two routes which is fewer than last month at 24,000 seats.
- Fukuoka (FUK) to Tokyo Haneda (HND) has moved up one place to become third busiest this month, swapping with Hanoi (HAN) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) which drops to fourth, with seats per day dropping by 16% this month compared to last month - the biggest decrease in the top 10.
- The Top 10 busiest domestic routes in China for September 2023 are similar to last month except Chongqing (CKG) to Shenzhen (SZX) has dropped out and Beijing Daxing (PKX) to Shenzhen (SZX) has moved up into 10th place.
- Guangzhou (CAN) to Beijing (PEK) has had the biggest growth in seats per day this month compared to last month increasing by 12% and is now the 9th busiest domestic route in China.
- Beijing (PEK) to Shanghai Hongqiao (SHA) is the busiest domestic route in China with 690,207 seats, and seats per day have grown by 5% this month compared to last month.
- Honolulu (HNL) to Kahului (OGG) continues to be the busiest domestic route in the USA with 296,236 seats.
- Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) moves up one place to be the second busiest US domestic route this month with 285,156 seats and Denver (DEN) to Las Vegas (LAS) moves up 4 places to become third busiest.
- Las Vegas (LAS) - Los Angeles (LAX) drops 2 places to fourth place with seats per day dropping by 5%, the biggest decrease in the Top 10.
- Anchorage (ANC) to Seattle (SEA) has dropped out of the Top 10 this month and Los Angeles (LAX) to Chicago O’Hare (ORD) has moved up into 9th place.
- Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Singapore Changi (SIN) takes the top spot this month as the busiest international route, with 418,964 seats in September meaning it has moved up 2 places. This is an increase of 6% in capacity compared to last month.
- Hong Kong (HKG) to Taipei (TPE) drops down from the busiest route last month into second place with 411,083 seats, just marginally below KUL-SIN by 7,881 seats.
- Dubai (DXB) to Jeddah (JED) moves up into the top 10 in 10th place and Bangkok (BKK) to Hong Kong (HKG) drops out. In the top 10 busiest international routes the majority of routes are from Asia Pacific region with three from Middle East and one from Europe and USA.
The busiest flight routes in the world are defined as those with the largest volume of scheduled airline seats in the current calendar month. Data is for flights in both directions on each route and is sourced from OAG Schedules Analyzer in the first week of each month. The flight data reflects the most recent full calendar month for the busiest scheduled domestic and international flight routes in each category.
Sign-up to receive a monthly email alert as soon as new data is published on the world's busiest airline routes.
21 September 2023Aviation Market Analysis
Friday 11th August 2023 was the busiest day for global aviation over the past year (September 2022-August 2023), w...
12 September 2023Aviation Market Analysis
Low-cost carriers (LCCs) are responsible for a third of the world’s scheduled airline capacity today, and it looks...