AIR TRAFFIC DATA VISUALIZATION
Understand where air passenger traffic originates, connects and ends, analyze point of sale by country and region. Forecast traffic for new airline routes and model the economic impact of adding them to your schedules.
Using MIDT data (Marketing Information Data Tapes) our 'passenger traffic' stats are based on GDS bookings data and underpinned by OAG’s airport database.
Our Traffic module provides essential insight around air traffic data, including the following reports:
- Origin & Destination Report: Bookings and average fares on a given origin-destination with up to two connections.
- Segment and Load Factor Report: Bookings, load factor and average fares for flights on a given direct origin-destination route.
- Power Table Report: Fully-customised report of passenger booking and average fare data.
- Mix Report: Bookings and average fares for flights on a given direct origin-destination route, broken down by traffic type: local, behind, bridge and beyond.
- Connections Report: Bookings and average fares by cabin for flights on a given origin-destination through a specified connecting airport.
- Top X Report: Top carriers, top departure/arrival airports, top routes, top hub airport and top point of sale based on various criteria (bookings, cabin types, total revenue, average fares).
Traffic data and insights are core to many industry verticals – here are 5 real life use case examples:
- Investment Bank – Deep dive research on opportunity and data validation to aid their aviation industry investment decisions.
- National Tourism Department – Discover the origin of inbound tourists, in order to work with airlines and airports to create more direct flights to increase tourism numbers.
- Luxury Retailer – Creating a more tailored in airport retail opportunity by understanding more about the flow of passengers, at any given time.
- International Hotel Group – Analyze passenger flows in order to ensure the right hotels are in the right location and are staffed and operated to meet those passengers’ requirements.
- Market Research & Media Advertising – Understanding more about passengers in order to create more targeted in airport advertising, that matches the throughput of passengers at any given time.