The global Skift Travel Health Index is 97 points in March 2023. Here we're bringing you selected insights from the Skift team in the Skift Travel Health Index: March 2023 Highlights.
As one of Skift’s data partners, we provide flight data (powered by OAG Metis) to enable the reporting of travel performance along with other key data points - together this creates the Skift Travel Health Index, a vital source to track the travel industry’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This month recovery is at 97% and:
- All regions except North America performed better than March 2022 performance.
- Latin America and Asia Pacific continued their month-on-month growth trajectory; Asia Pacific achieved almost a full recovery.
- All sectors are performing well above last year.
- The aviation sector maintained a flat 83% recovery.
- Despite a challenging economic situation in many parts of the world, Indian travelers are optimistic about the economic conditions in the country and a vast majority of them do not think it will impact their travel spending.
"India has all the cards to become the next mega source market for international travel, although major barriers still need to be overcome. The country has been performing extremely well in our Skift Travel Health Index." - Saniya Zanpure