Passengers will have access to accurate flight status information from a trusted source
Luton, 07 November 2016: To ensure that passengers have access to accurate flight status information from a trusted source, Skyscanner, the world’s leading travel search engine has teamed up with flight information provider OAG to provide flight status information up until the point of departure.
More than a quarter of a million Skyscanner travellers have used OAG schedules data to help plan their travels to and from UK airports in the last six months. Diving even deeper into OAG’s comprehensive data set, this schedules data is now being overlaid with real-time flight status information to provide travellers departing from, or arriving into, more than 80 of the world’s busiest airports, including:
- JFK Arrivals & Departures
- Dubai International Arrivals & Departures
- London Heathrow Arrivals & Departures
- Charles De Gaulle Arrivals & Departures
- Frankfurt Arrivals & Departures
Hugh Aitken, Commercial Director at Skyscanner, said: “Research from March 2014 showed that more than 20% of UK travellers checked their flight status information via mobile device or tablet - this will only have increased in the last two and a half years. OAG enables us to provide real-time flight status information on the day of travel, underpinned by the same data that our customers have come to rely on to book the best travel option.”
Phil Callow, Chief Executive Officer at OAG, said, “We’ve been working with Skyscanner for many years to supply the schedules and connection time data used to power the flight search results. Enabling Skyscanner to provide their customers with flight information right up to the boarding gate, provides convenient data from a trusted source, adding value to the overall consumer journey.”
 comScore, March 2014
Notes to editor:
About OAG – Connecting the World of Travel
OAG is an air travel intelligence company that provides accurate, timely and actionable digital information and applications to the world’s airlines, airports, government agencies and travel-related service companies who have to comprehend, with clarity and precision, how the world moves in order to advance their businesses with conﬁdence. OAG has the world’s largest network of air travel data and an unrivalled ability to aggregate complex data sets from multiple sources and stages of the travel continuum. It delivers real-time insights, compelling visualizations, powerful applications and analytics for customers worldwide.
OAG has a definitive schedules database of more than 900 airlines, including 115 low-cost carriers and more than 4,000 airports. With the most extensive real-time flight status database in the market, the OAG flightview database delivers 25 million flight status updates daily, and processes more than 1.4 million requests.
- Skyscanner is a leading global travel search company providing free search of flights, hotels and car hire around the world
- Founded in 2003 Skyscanner helps over 50 million people each month to find their travel options
- Skyscanner is available in 30 languages
- Skyscanner’s highly-rated free mobile apps have been downloaded over 40 million times.
- The privately-owned company employs over 800 staff and has nine global offices in Edinburgh, Singapore, Beijing, Shenzhen, Miami, Barcelona, Glasgow, Sofia and Budapest
- Skyscanner is now powering 1000 global partners through our API and White Label products, including MSN, Lonely Planet, Flybe, GoEuro, Waymate, Rome2Rio, Secret Escapes, and many more. For more information visit Skyscanner for Business and connect with us on LinkedIn
For further press information:
Corporate Ink for OAG