OAG’s dedicated data science team, OAG Labs, has created a model to ensure customers can receive the most accurate view of seats data possible, enabled using the Metis platform. Our new calculation process uses ML (Machine Learning) and our FLAI (Flight AI Framework) data model to combine historical, actual and scheduled data.
About Seats Data
- Forward-looking data will show five cabins available - First, Business, Premium Economy & Economy + and Economy.
- More granularity and accuracy of seats available at cabin level by flight.
- Rigorous validation & quality assurance checks.
Accuracy Matters More Than Ever
- Airlines manage their fleet mix more dynamically than ever and use multiple variants of an aircraft which means seat data can be generic and lack detail.
- Cabin class inaccuracy can result in lost bookings/lost revenue.
- Ensure services such as catering, baggage, and ramp operations are as effective as possible, avoiding costs and resource issues.
- Ensure onwards services are frictionless with better knowledge of passenger profiles.