(Oct 2013) We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy will let you know:
- Who are we?
- What are cookies?
- How you can control cookies?
- Contacting us
OAG Aviation Worldwide Limited is a leading provider of global aviation intelligence. We offer a unique portfolio of aviation products and services, through data, analytics, consulting services, events and media. We bring together buyers and sellers of air travel and transport, enabling the world’s airlines and airports, and their customers and suppliers, to drive innovation in their business.
This policy covers the usage of cookies on the following OAG Aviation Worldwide Limited administered websites:
- Air Cargo World (ACW), www.aircargoworld.com
- OAG Aviation, www.oagaviation.com
- OAG Cargo, www.oagcargo.com
- OAG Travel, www.oagtravel.com
- MRO Network, www.mro-network.com
A web cookie, a commonly used data collection technology, is simply a piece of code which can be placed on the browser of your personal computer (“pc”) or mobile device and subsequently read as you visit a web site. A cookie may be a session cookie, that is, a cookie that remains on your browser while you are logged on to a particular web site and then disappears when you close your browser, or it may be a persistent cookie, a cookie that remains on your browser over a period of time. Information from a cookie may be collected and used in aggregate form. Or data may be collected into an individual profile or record. That individual record may either be unique but anonymous, or the profile can be linked with information that identifies you as an individual.
You can learn more about cookies, generally, at www.allaboutcookies.org.
1. We may use a limited number of cookies essential to particular services you have requested or for security purposes. In particular, if you have registered for a site or use a customer portal we may use a cookie to authenticate the pc or mobile device that you are using.
2. We allow third parties to set analytics, or performance, cookies to collect and report aggregate information. These cookies provide reporting to us on an aggregate basis and so, do not identify you at all. We use the aggregate reports to understand how our web sites are used and improve their usefulness to our audiences.
- You Tube – We embed videos from You Tube/Our official You Tube channel. You Tube may set up cookie on your computer once you click on You Tube video in You Tube Player. More information can be found here - http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=141046.
3. A number of cookies also support how our web sites function, identifying your pc or end device on a unique but anonymous basis. These cookies may, for example, remember your language preferences or recognize an individual’s activity within a single session.
Sites that allow third party ad servers
Where our websites feature third-party advertising, we may also allow third party ad servers to serve their own cookies to display advertising on our websites/this website. These cookies may track and collate your website usage and preferences to display relevant advertising to you whilst you are on our websites and, in some cases after you have left our websites. We do not determine, control or have access to their cookies. In addition, some of the ads they serve may generate their own cookies. Each is listed so that you can review their privacy policies for more detail about their practices.
- Media Mind Ad Server - http://www.mediamind.com/privacy-policy
- Double Click - http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Real Media - http://www.247realmedia.com/EN-US/privacy-policy.html
Twitter/Facebook - The social plug-ins for Twitter, Facebook may also set or retrieve cookies on your machine, if you are logged in to these websites, or have previously downloaded cookies controlled by these sites.
The cookies we use are an accepted part of ecommerce and important to your use of our websites. Performance cookies allow us to understand our audiences as a whole and improve how our sites meet your needs and expectations. Many of the functional cookies are basic to how our sites and services work. The cookies we use for registration allow us to conduct our business online. Our sites and services, or parts of them, may not work properly without these cookies.
Your use of our websites indicates your consent to the cookies we have described in this Policy.
But if you should wish to revoke that consent, or any part of it, at any time, you may control cookies and third party ad targeting in the following ways.
Most modern browsers offer you ways to control or block cookies. These browser controls will usually be found in the “options’ or “preferences” menu. For more help, you may take a look at the “Help” settings or review these websites for more details:
- Cookie Settings in Chrome , https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Cookie Settings in FireFox, http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Cookie Settings in Internet Explorer, http://support.microsoft.com/?ln=en-gb
- Cookie Settings in Safari, www.apple.com/support/safari
Third Party Advertising and Targeting
For ways to turn off third party ad targeting, in addition to any the third party ad servers (listed above) may offer, you may want to visit either of these websites:
- The Internet Advertising Bureau UK, www.iabuk.net
- The Network Advertising Initiative, www.networkadvertising.org
You can find more information or turn off targeting by member companies at YourOnlineChoices UK, www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.